Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 10 ~ What I Am Thankful For

December of last year George and I were going over medical benefits and trying to decide what we were going to do for the following year.  For the last 4 years I have been on an individual plan that was the best coverage through Kaiser.  We knew that we were trying for kids and wanted to make sure that we had good coverage for the birth.  We were so thankful that we did because the birth of the twins was next to nothing.  They were in the NICU for two weeks and between the two of them and the C-section the total cost was over a $100,000.  When we spoke this last December we decided that I would join George’s plan through work because over all it would save us money and we did not plan on getting pregnant until this time this year.

Surprise…Surprise while we were talking about insurance I was actually pregnant with Eva!  We were on a deductible plan and so because of that our bill for Eva is around $5000.  Because we had Eva at Providence most of the cost is paid directly to them.  When you pay in full they give you a discount.  Last month I called and they said that the discount would be 20%.  While we were figuring out how we were going to pay it I decided to wait one more month.  Oh……I am so glad that I did.  When I called to pay the bill today they said that I would save 25%.  I was so excited! Praise God!!

Today I am thankful that God provides money in ways you would never think!

No comments:

Post a Comment