Thursday, February 7, 2013

Expedit Change Up

As our family grows and changes, so do our needs in the house.  I'm constantly moving things around in our house to change things up.

I did a post a long time ago about what our playroom looked like you can go HERE to check it out.

Here is what the playroom looked like before I changed it over the weekend.  It only took an hour at the most to make the change.  Here is to keeping it real as to what this room normally looks like but worse.


When I originally set this room up I had already had the dark Expedit and really did not want to pay for another one and thought it would work because we had other dark furniture in the room.  I really did not like it though.  The clutter on top of the shelves always drove me crazy.  It was all the things that we would take away from the kids when they were in trouble.  They eventually were getting to the point where they were climbing up to get them.  George wanted to be able to have his books out but this was not really the place to have them.

Over all, the room just gave me anxiety!  Too much clutter and stuff drive me crazy, so it was time for a change.

I decide to remove the brown expedite and turn the two white Expedit on their side. Here is how it turned out.






Ahhhh, much better!


On the other side of the gate is what my dad calls my "playpen". (office area) 


I had gum balls on the picture frames and had to remove them because I knew little fingers were going to try and eat them.






Here is my "playpen"





It's nice to be able to change a room up and not have to pay anything to do so.  We put the brown Expedit in our closet.  I will do a post on that next.

Thanks for stopping by!!

14 comments:

  1. You're so organized! It looks pretty and functional! Nice work!

    BTW, the laundry detergent works in HE. I couldn't get my reply comments to work?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I love the look of your room, especially the Tubtrugs! I am having a hard time figuring out what size will fit in the Expedit since the website only shows gallons vs. dimensions. Can you tell me what size Tubtrug you bought that fits so nicely? (Extra Small, Small, Medium, Large, etc.) If you comment on this post I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I believe that they are the small size? I measured the Diameter at it is 13.5 in and the height is 9.5in. I hope that helps. I ordered some from Amazon and some from a hardware store to get the colors that I needed as well as the price. I had baskets in there before and they got destroyed. I love that the tubtrugs can be played with as well and nothing happens to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect - thanks for the info! Can't wait to order some for our space!

      Delete
  4. Where did you get that shelving unit that sits under the TV. I am looking for something just like that! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had it made and spent a crazy amount for it. We needed something to hold our devises 8 years ago and they did not have much to choose from at all. The TV's now are smaller and sleek so I actually don't use it anymore. I hope that helps.

      Delete
  5. Hi! I love the space! I'm currently trying to figure out what to do with my loft space, and I love the "play pen" area! Wish I had enough room to incorporate it in my loft. I was wondering where you got your desk? It is exactly what I'm looking for! I love it! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I actually got the desk from ikea as well. You can pick any table top that you want which is cool. I just recently made a desk top out of wood to change it up and still kept the base legs to the desk.

      Delete
  6. Christina StottlemyerJuly 21, 2015 at 6:21 AM

    Hey Amy! I love your space. It's super cute, and looks extremely functional. What are you using for the kids sitting area? A blow up bed?? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I actually had an extra twin matress that I used. It worked great for the area. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful calm and comfortable! I especially love the rug! Where did you find it? I need it for my classroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley, Thanks for stopping by! I bought the rug from PB Teen. I wish you lived close by because I am actually trying to sell it. 😊

      Delete
    2. How far away do you live? Shipping would probably be outrageous. :) Thanks for the reply!

      Delete
    3. I live in Oregon. Yeah, not sure how much the shipping would cost! :)

      Delete