Monday, November 2, 2009

Pumpkin Patch Express

About a month ago I purchased tickets for the Pumpkin Patch Express. George and I and the babies were going as well as my mom and my brothers family! I was so excited for this family outing as it has been awhile since we had done something fun like this since the babies were born.
We were having car problems so I was busy the week before making sure that my car was safe to drive out to Hood River. I had it checked out what I thought was a reliable place (or so I thought) and they said everything was fine and they changed the transmission fluid. So, now that the car was ready to go, I had everything ready the day before and was so excited.

Saturday morning we woke up and had a great morning. We got everything together and were ready to head out to the gorge. My brother and his family as well as my mom were going to meet us out there. The weather was perfect and sunny and the scenery was beautiful. We filled up with gas in Troutdale and were on the road again. As we were getting on the freeway the check engine light came on. I thought it was weird but it had come on before because of the gas cap and thought nothing of it. We were just passing Multnomah Falls when all of the sudden the engine rems up and then just drops and the car starts to slow down!!! We pull over to the side of the road and the car will not move! My heart just sank! I was so upset!!

We ended up having to wait for the tow truck and my other brother come and pick us up. Mean while my brother and his family and my mom were in Hood River ready to board the train!

The car was towed and we ended up going home because we missed the train and their was not other way to get home. We were able to switch our tickets to Sunday and we ended up going by ourselves on Sunday.

We woke up the next more ready to start the day over and were once again excited to go on our train trip. The weather was not quite as nice, but it did not rain so we were pretty happy. I was missing the rest of my family, but was enjoying the family outing with just George and the babies. We had a wonderful time even though it was not quite how I planned!
We boarded the train and it took about 45 minutes to get to the pumpkin patch. It was a nice ride there and the fall leaves were so beautiful. We got off the train and stayed at the pumpkin patch for about and hour. They had hay rides, jump house, music, food and of course a pumpkin patch. They also had a costume contest. I thought that my kids should have won but they went with the most scary and ugly costumes. Here are some photos from the day!
All Aboard!!
Daddy & Selah looking out the window
Gabriel and Mommy
~Our Ladybug~
**Our Little Monkey**
Mommy with babies
Our Twins!!
Daddy & Babies
Selah learning to walk!


Family Photo

1 comment:

  1. Those are some of the cutest pics! You look so happy Amy! What blessings!

    ReplyDelete