Tuesday, February 1, 2011

One Closet

I love new houses because you don’t have to do as much work to maintain them but the new houses today do not seem to have as much storage space as the older houses do. This would be one of the downsides to a new house.

We basically have one closed in our whole house beyond the closets in our bedroom.  We have no linen closet except a small space in our laundry room!

Here is our ONE closet by the front door which is mainly for coats and the vacuum. There is not a lot that I could do with this space but at least it is a little more organized.

Before

DSC_0001

There are games stacked on the floor as well as bags and lots of coats. The baskets above have cooks books and hats and gloves.

After

DSC_0026

I donated some coats to goodwill. I brought the bookshelf from the garage and put all the games on it and bought a new bin for the gloves and scarves. I also bought a shoe organizer that I am still working on that I got an idea from another blog which I will post on later when I finish that job!

2 comments:

  1. This is the one closet in my house I can never keep neat! Great job! <3

    Found you through IHeart Organizing!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work!! Love the over the door organizer, so great for so many organizing purposes!

    Thanks for linking up and sharing with me!

    xoxo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete