Thursday, June 9, 2011

Staycation–Part 2 (Zoo)

One of the things that we had on the list of things to do was the Zoo.  We really did not want to go when it was raining so it was going to have to be planned spur of the moment. 

We met my parents and nephew up at he Zoo as soon as they opened.  We got parking right up front and were able to walk right in.  For most of you who have been to the Zoo this is not a normal occurrence, especially on a nice day!

This was the first time to see the kids excited about going.  The last time they were either scared or could not see the animals!  Over all, it went well! I love experiencing things through kids eyes as they are seeing things for the first time.  I do not have a picture of this, but Gabriel was at the window of the Black Bear section and they bear came right up to Gabriel.  He was so scared but interested.

Here are a few pics of our outing.

blog8

 

blog9

Gabriel was not excited about being on the pretend horse!

blog10

blog11

I think the Elephants are one of my favorites at the ZOO. Such amazing animals!

blog12

The kids loved the train ride!  They are always talking about trains. (I wish I would have asked the man sitting in front of me to take a picture of all of us. I love this picture!)

No comments:

Post a Comment