Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Seasons

It seems like there are so many seasons of life.  When your young, you can’t wait to be older and in high school.  When your in high school, you can’t wait to be in college.  When your in college, you can’t wait to be done and start a career or get married.  When you are married, you can’t wait to have a house and kids.  When you have kids, you can’t wait for them to get to the next stage of growth. 

Now looking back on my life, I wish that I would have enjoyed each stage a little more. The list above describes me to a tee. Always so impatient and wanting the next thing or stage in life.

Now, that I am in the stage of life with three young kids, I believe that God has really been speaking to me and telling me to slow down and be content with where I am at in life.  For the first time, I can now say that I want to soak up all this time that I can.  I want to be able to breath in every moment of the day that I have with my kids and  don’t want them to get older and don’t want this stage to pass.  Yes, this has been a very hard season for me in the past three years, but it has taught me so much.

I am overwhelmed and in awe of what it means to be a parent.  To have the chance to help develop and train these children that have been entrusted to me is incredible.

I was reading my cousins blog this morning and she has 4 kids of various ages and I enjoy reading her blog to glean some wisdom from her since she has been a mother a little longer and has been recently through some of the stages that I am going through right now and for the fact that God is always speaking to each one of us differently.  (Thanks Ginger for sharing how God is speaking to you)  If you want to hear about how she is making her home a haven check her out here!

I’m stealing this song that she had posted on her blog because I love it and it is really what I want my life to be like.

2 comments:

  1. Very well written Amy! Why does time move so slowly when you are a kid and so quickly once you become a parent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Amy! It is so hard to appreciate the moment, but when you make the effort, it's amazing how much more joy you will have. You're doing a great job with your little ones!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete