Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas 2012 At Our House/ Zoo Lights

I get so excited to get ready Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. We usually get our tree the day after or sometime that weekend.  Last year we picked out our tree and it ended up dying two weeks before Christmas, so we ended up having to go buy another one.  So, this year I am paying more attention to the tree in hopes that it will last until Christmas day.



 We went to Kraxberger Farms to get our tree this year.  All the proceeds went to support people in need in our Church.  The kids loved it and it was a bit cheaper then our tree last year and we really like the one that we got this year!

                           

We took the kids to the Zoo lights early this year as it is really crazy the closer that you get to Christmas and did not feel like dealing with the crazy parking issues or colder weather.  We all had a great time this year.




                           






It was cold, but we all kept warm with are warm jackets!  Yes, I am one of those people that want us all to match (somewhat)!  I just love the twins in their jackets, I could not help myself. 


This nativity has been in our family since I was a child.  When we were kids we would always change the order of where people were standing as well as the light bulb that is inside to different colors. My brother had this for a couple years and decided that he no longer wanted it and so he gave it to me.  I was so excited to set it up this year.


I got all the pieces out of the box and realized that there was one piece missing!  Baby Jesus!!  How can you have a Nativity without the baby Jesus.  I went online and looked to see if I could find something similar, but was not doing well.  I decided to hold off for awhile.  I then asked my sister in-law if she happen to have it and she said YES!  "I found it and I was not sure what it was for". You don't know how excited I was.  I know that it is not a big deal, but it was for me.  The kids were so excited too. Baby Jesus was no longer missing!


He's back where he belongs!  Selah knew right where to put him too.


I still don't do a lot of decorating for Christmas.  I like it pretty simple.  I added some blue this year to change things up.


This is the kids desk area and we got a tree for them to decorate.  We do not have a lot of ornaments for kids yet.  Something that I need to work on so they have their own special ones.








I added lights above the cabinets and the kids love it!





That's it for the decorations!  I really liked how it turned out this year.  I can not tell you how fun it is to have kids and watch them experience Christmas and really be able to understand it more!  It really brings back the kid in me and makes me not feel so old!





1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!!! I freaked out when I saw your stable - my Mom has the SAME one, which made me start thinking... I think she said my Papa made it for her? or maybe Uncle Artie made it? So whoever did, must have made a couple. Does the roof ever get bumped and slide down the side? I like the color of yours it's much warmer. Hers is a very dark, ebony stain. How crazy. Love it! :) And so glad you found Jesus too. ;)

    ReplyDelete