Monday, February 4, 2013

New Bedding For The Master Bedroom

When George and I got married I really wanted to buy some nice bedding for our room.  We did not have the money back then and I should not have bought it but I did.  I went with this bedding from Pottery Barn.


This is not the best picture.  This picture is from when we sold our townhouse.  While I loved this bedding at the time my style has changed over the years.  Shortly after I bought this bedding I got pen mark on it.  I had no Idea what I was doing and put pure bleach on it only to have eaten a hole in the quilt.




We had a spare bedroom that Michael used when he came up before we had the twins and once we changed that room into the playroom we ended up taking the bedding from that room and putting it on our bed.



     This has been our bedding for the last 4 years and decided it was time for a change.

I have agonized over what I wanted the room look like and wanted to make sure that I got something I really liked because bedding is not cheap. I originally bought this bedding from West Elm.



I had it on my bed for maybe a week and it already started to unravel.  Compared to my pottery barn quilt this was just not the same quality.  I returned it and my bed had no bedding on it for a few months.



I then used Pinterest and scoured the internet for bedding that I would like and that was not too expensive which is hard.

Here is a couple pictures of what I came up with.




I also got grey striped edge pillow cases from West Elm, but they no longer sell them and I can't find a picture for them.  All of the bedding and pillow cases I got were on sale.  The bedding I got about 70% off and free shipping.  Of course when I buy online I always go through Shop At Home and Ebates to get more money back.  Right now I have a check coming from Shop at Home for $38.00 just for going through their site.


I decided that I wanted to take the bed skirt off because I really did not want to pay $50-$70 for a bed skirt but at the same time I did not want the bed to look like this.



The box spring was all exposed.  I decided to take an white sheet and cover the box spring.  I just took a stable gun and went around the whole bed.

Here is how it turned out.



One thing that I learned about our mattress is that because it is so thick I had to end up ordering King size quilt so it is not too short on the sides.



Here is a white blanket that I added to the bed to cover the sheets.  It's got ruffles on it, so it adds some more texture to the bed.  I bought this at Home Goods.




This is what I had so far as I will still waiting for a pillow that I ordered off of Etsy.  As you can see I still needed to ad some more color to the room.  I decided to go with a mustard yellow.  



I got this grey pillow with a gift card at Target!


I love the texture on the bed spread as well.  It's not all over, but just enough.  They are actually little hearts.


The pillow finally came!


Here is is all together.


I bought some spray paint and painted the Letter H as well as the mats inside the picture frame to add a little more yellow.


I also changed out the lamp shade to a drum shade.  I have been temped to spray paint the lamp but not sure if that will be too much and I can't go back either.






I love the way it turned out!!  I have been learning a lot on the blogging sites about having different patterns and textures when putting a room together.

2 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic! I love the textured spread. Painting the H and changing the matting was the perfect touch. If you wanted to add yellow to the lamp, could you tie a ribbon around the shade - something not permanent, but that would give the "pop" you are looking for? Nice makeover.

    ReplyDelete