Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentine's Treats

As things have gotten a little easier with the kids I have been trying to make more of an effort to think of others before my self.  In the last 4 years we have been so busy with the kids that all we could do is focus on them and get through some of the harder times with them.

I have been trying to work on different ways that we can bless others.  Whether it has been providing a meal, giving money to people in need or just blessing people with yummy treats.

I decided to make chocolate covered pretzels.  I got the pretzel idea off of this Blog.

I got these cute little wood boxes from a company named Garnish.


I got the idea for packaging and wrap from this Blog.

I lined the box with parchment paper and then loaded it up with pretzels so that I had the right amount to fill each box.


I bought the chocolate from Michael's.  I pretty sure that joann's sells them too.  I would probably buy them from Joann's in the future because you can save more money with their coupons.  Michaels coupon policy is not very good.


I used chop sticks to pick the pretzels up out of the chocolate.  It seemed to work pretty good.  I do have to say that the first batch of pretzels did not look very good.  It takes time to figure out the best way of doing it.


It was a pretty messy and time consuming project.  To make six boxes it took me over 3 hours too do them all. 


I had these two helpers, but found out right away that is was going to be too difficult to have them help me on this project.



Here is the end result.  They are not the best looking, but they were sure yummy!


Here they are all packaged up!



We delivered the treats yesterday and it was good for the kids to learn about giving.  They were a bit upset they they did not get one but like delivering the boxes.


We feel blessed to be able to bless others!



No comments:

Post a Comment