Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Playroom ~ Part 2 (Book Shelves)

More and more people are getting on Pinterest now, so you have probably seen this bookshelf idea.

domesticsimplicityikeabookshelf2-767465

Via

I thought it was a cute idea, so I decided to do it as well.

These are actually spice racks from IKEA. I decided to paint mine as the playroom needs a little color with all the tan walls and carpet.

DSC_0127

I did not to use a primer trying to go the quick and easy route.  Next time I would probably use primer.  It took a lot of paint to cover all the surfaces.

DSC_0136

I got them all measured and used molly bolts.  In most cases you probably would not have to use molly bolts, but knowing my kids they would probably try to hang on them, so decided to use them.

DSC_0138

DSC_0149

Here is our reading area in our playroom!

DSC_0150

No comments:

Post a Comment