Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Playroom ~ Part 3 (Chalkboard)

I really wanted to have a chalkboard in the playroom for the kids.  I could have just gone out and bought one, but was trying to think outside the box and use things that  I have around the house.

DSC_0215

I have had this picture for about 13 years now.  It use to hang in my living room but my style has drastically changed since then.  I love this print so much that I was having a hard time just getting rid of it.  It has been sitting out in my garage for a long time now and then it came to me that I should make a chalkboard out of it. 

I did a little sanding but not as much as I should have.  I also once again did not use primer because I am not very patient when it comes to paint.  I think that I am finally learning my lesson.

I used a spray paint for the outer frame and then got a glidden sample paint at Lowes and painted by hand the pink border so that I could get the color that I wanted.  Then of course the chalkboard paint.  I should have taken pictures before I let the kids start using it but here is our little chalkboard area.

DSC_0027

DSC_0029

DSC_0031

No comments:

Post a Comment