Monday, July 21, 2014

The Closet Under The Stairs

I said I was going to post pictures on our fence but I decided to go ahead and show you a project that I just completed instead.

I promise I will post picture of the fence next.  The guys that we had build the fence did an excellent job so we want to show you the end result.

For now I am going to show you the closet under the stairs.  This is the one part of the house that sold the kids.  They love going in there to play.  I did not have anything in there to hold their toys so it was a huge mess.  I of course got so excited to start in on cleaning it up that I forgot to take a before picture.  Let's just say that it was a disaster and the kids did not like going in there.

Here is the before picture.


This shows you how it wraps around and goes under the stairs.  There is a lot of storage space which we lacked at the old house.




The contractor did not put any lights in towards the back nor did he finish painting.

We added some little LED lights that are battery operated so the kids could see in the back.


We also added the Ikea Trofast storage system that works great for storage of kids toys.



We are one light short so we will have to buy another one when we go back.


Here is is from afar.  I would still like to make some more use of the space but still thinking how best to do so.


I printed some pictures and laminated them to show what is in each bin as well as the words for the kids learning their words with pictures.


I put the rest of the toys in there that could not fit in a bin right underneath the stairs so it was out of the walk way.


I can't tell you how much this has helped and hoping that it will help the kids learn to clean up better! Time will tell!

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to organize a perfect play place. Love it! xo Linda

    ReplyDelete