So, I blogged on our newly stained deck HERE. I love the way it came out. I wanted to get some nice flowers for the deck but just have not done it. At this point I figured that I would just wait until next year and get some nice pots at Costco. I did want something out there as I thought it was too bare.
I have been redoing our Playroom and I will post on that later, but while doing that I have made several trips to Ikea. I love the different things that they have there for every room in the house. I decided to get a fake plant for the the deck this year because I always forget to water and do not want to pay for something that will end up dead in a week!
I love how simple this is but adds a little something. The one thing that was bothering me is that it would not sit in the middle of the table because of the umbrella. I got to thinking, hmmmmm….how can I make this work.
Here is what I came up with: I used THIS pot from Ikea.
I know, not the best looking right? I did not have the right tools to cut metal so I used what I had. First, I scored the metal with a razor. That did not work that well, but it gave me something to work with. The I got a hammer and a nail and started hammering wholes around the circle and took pliers and worked my way around peeling the metal off. I then took masking tape and taped around it so the metal was not sharp and would not scratch the umbrella.
I then used THIS plant and pulled it apart.
Here is what the pot looks like without anything in it.
Once I pulled the plant apart, I knew that I was going to need something at the bottom of the pot so that the plant will stick out the top. I did not have time to go get anything so this is what I did.
I just stuffed a couple paper towels in there!
Then I added the plant stems and here is the end result.
A lot of the ideas that I come up with for things that I do around our home I find on blogs or in magazines. I have to say that this is one that I came up with on my own and I love the way that it came out!