It has been awhile since I did my last project. I ended up hurting my arm from working on the Mudroom/Garage. It is still bothering me so I have not been up to much lately. I'm hoping that things will feel better soon so that I can get working on the backyard!
Here is what our house has looked like it the past without any flower pots.
Here are the pots that I bought. I did not want to spend a lot of money and was having a hard time finding a large black pot.
The black spot over the door is not really there, I just am covering over the address.
I bought the pots at Big Lots. They are plastic and I have ivy design on them which I am not fond of but figured when I painted over them you would not be able to see it as well.
I used black satin Krylon paint to cover them. It is an for outdoor and plastic and does not require you to sand ahead of time.
Here is the end result.
Not a huge difference but it's something different. There will be a little more color in the pots when the flowers bloom. There are some pink and white flowers that will eventually hang over the side.
The next plan it to get some hooks and hang a flower pot on both sides of the post by the front door where the arrow are in the picture below.
I will post pictures once I get those up but it may be a few weeks before that happens!